When the risen Jesus appears to his disciples, trembling behind locked doors, he breathes his Spirit upon them, gives them his peace, and then sends them out into the world to be his courageous witnesses.
What does it mean to live as a “sent” people? Rather than reducing mission to a line item on our budget or a two-week mission trip, what if mission is at the very essence of the church’s identity and calling? What if being on mission with God is about a lifestyle? This sermon series will explore what it means for us--individually and as a congregation--to live all of life as those who are “sent on mission with God” here, there, and everywhere.
This week Pastor Brian Keepers will focus on the topic of: Sent...To Be Witnesses. Easter means that we, as disciples of Jesus, are being sent to be Christ’s witnesses in and for the world. We do this not in our own power, but in the power of Holy Spirit. Just as the risen Jesus told his disciples to wait for his power from on high, so we are called to assume a posture of prayerful waiting and openness for Christ’s resurrection power to fill, empower and lead us.
WORSHIP TIMES - 8:30 / 9:50 / 11:10 a.m.
- NURSERY is available for children Infant-Age 3 during all services.
- CHILDREN & WORSHIP (Ages 4-6)
- Dismissing from the 8:30 and 11:10 a.m. services
- Children will need to be picked up after the service in the Children's Area
- CHILDREN'S SUNDAY SCHOOL (Ages 4-5th Grade)
- 9:50-10:50 a.m.
- Location: Children's Area
- MIDDLE SCHOOL & HIGH SCHOOL SUNDAY SCHOOL (Grades 6-12)
- 9:50-10:50 a.m.
- ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL OPPORTUNITIES
- Rooted Groups
Going to be gone? You can worship with us live on our Webcast – click HERE
You can also view past services in their entirety – click HERE
You can view this weeks bulletin - click HERE
Stay connected with our weekly emails - signup HERE