HOLY WEEK SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
- March 25 - Palm Sunday Services at Trinity
- 8:30 / 9:50 / 11:10 a.m.
- No K-5th Grade Sunday School
- There will be 6-12 Grade Sunday School
- Children & Worship will be dismissing from 8:30 / 9:50 / 11:10 a.m. services
- Holy Week Journey To the Cross
- Wednesday, March 28: 6:30 p.m.-9:30 p.m.
- Thursday, March 29: 9:00 a.m.-6:30 p.m.
- An interactive and multi-sensory series of stations designed for adults and children. Parents please note: this will be taking the place of our regular Wednesday night Lighthouse Kids and Youth Groups. Parents are highly encouraged to accompany their children through the stations.
- March 29 - Maundy Thursday Service
- 6:30 p.m. at Trinity Church. A special Communion service in memory of Jesus' Last Supper with His disciples.
- March 30 - Good Friday
- March 31 - Saturday Night Lenten Experience
- 8:00 p.m. at Trinity Church
- April 1 - Easter Services at Trinity
- 8:30 / 9:50 / 11:10 a.m.
- No Sunday School
- No Children and Worship
HOLY WEEK JOURNEY TO THE CROSS
On Wednesday evening and Thursday of Holy Week, March 28 & 29, Trinity will be having an interactive and multi-sensory opportunity designed for both adults and children to experience. During the Journey To The Cross experience you are invited to travel through stations during a time, and at a pace, that works best for you and your family. Members of the community are also invited to come and participate. The Journey to the Cross will be open Wednesday evening, March 28 from 6:30 p.m.-9:30 p.m. and on Thursday March 29 from 9:00 a.m.-6:30 p.m. Parents are highly encouraged to accompany their children through the stations.
GOOD FRIDAY MEN'S PRAYER BREAKFAST
Men (and young men) are invited to attend the Good Friday Men’s Prayer Breakfast on March 30th from 6:30-7:45 a.m. at Northwestern's Rowenhorst Student Center. Cory Van Sloten will be this years speaker. Cory is a third generation veteran, he serves as the Chaplain for the 1st Squadron, 113th Cavalry Regiment, Iowa Army National Guard. Cory’s unique perspective and life experiences will certainly set our hearts and minds on Christ as we begin the Easter weekend. Please join us for a time of food, fellowship, prayer and reflection in this holy season. To attend please pick up tickets from the Welcome Center at church or in the church office.
GOOD FRIDAY COMMUNITY SERVICE
A Good Friday Community Worship service will be held at Immanuel Church on Friday, March 30, from 12:10-12:50pm. The focus will be on the 5th Word from the Cross "I thirst." Both a financial and non-perishable food offering will be received for the Local Food Pantry.
SATURDAY NIGHT LENTEN EXPERIENCE
If you want to slow down and be still during this season of Lent, consider coming to the sanctuary on Saturday nights. We’ll gather at 8:00 PM and finish by 9:00 PM. You will experience quiet ways to read, pray, be, listen, share, and consider God together through guided spiritual practices introduced each week by Shirley Folkerts. Come once, come twice, or come every Saturday until Easter—all are welcome! Please contact Shirley Folkerts at: Shirley.Folkerts@dordt.edu with questions.