We are discovering that Trinity is more than an Orange City church, with members and visitors from a 20-mile radius in Northwest Iowa. We are honored to share Christ in our region and are praying for a move of God in each community.
That brings us to our Fall worship series: "Here's the Church." Our worship through September 18 touches on the most basics of being part of God's church wherever we find ourselves -- whether we are not yet believers in Jesus, or have been following him a long time.
This week we will focus on community. Jesus says that wherever two or three gather in his name, he is there. Church is there! The first followers of Jesus enjoyed a robust, rich, and deep sense of community. As the church entered its third and fourth decades, a constant reminder by the Apostles was for the church to be hospitable, to love one another, to care for one another. The repeated emphasis came in the wake of divisions, jealousies, and just plain stubbornness.
Deep down, all of us long for rich community with others. But it's hard to find, hard to give, and sometimes hard to receive. This week we will go to a story in the life of Jesus where we'll find a gathering of people enjoying community. We'll discover a key ingredient to offering amazing hospitality and finding authentic community.
Maybe community is hard because we come at it from the wrong direction. Engage the story and see if we can come at it from a new way of thinking.
WORSHIP TIMES - 8:30 / 9:50 / 11:10 a.m.
- NURSERY is available for children Infant-Age 3 during all services.
- CHILDREN & WORSHIP (Ages 4-6)
- Dismissing from the 8:30 & 11:10 a.m. services
- Children need to be picked up after the service in the Children's Area
- CHILDREN'S SUNDAY SCHOOL (Ages 4-5th Grade)
- 9:50-10:50 a.m. in the Children's Area
- MIDDLE SCHOOL & HIGH SCHOOL SUNDAY SCHOOL (Grades 6-12)
- 9:50-10:50 a.m. in the Youth Room
SUNDAY SCHOOL OPPORTUNITIES
- 9:50 a.m. ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL GUIDE CLASS (Adult Room 1)
- This class gathers around the table in Room 1 from 9:50-10:30 a.m. Sunday School Guides and lesson outlines are available in the office. We will continue our series on Romans. We will see that the good news of the gospel of salvation is set side by side in Romans with the bad news of eternal death as punishment for those who refuse to believe in Jesus. All ages are welcome. For a copy of this weeks lesson, click HERE
- TESTIMONIES OF TRANSFORMATION CLASS (Adult Rooms 3&4)
- This class starts next Sunday, September 18 from 9:50-10:50 a.m. Come hear and discover stories of how God has equipped ordinary people to grow in faith. The class will also take time to study God's Word around different avenues God uses to transform us. All are welcome.
Going to be gone? You can worship with us live on our Webcast – click HERE
You can also view past services in their entirety – click HERE
You can view this weeks bulletin - click HERE
Stay connected with our weekly emails - signup HERE