Our spring worship takes us to five Psalms that paint a picture of God's people finding joy in the middle of all life gives us. When we take a step back from our relentless pace, we look back to see God's goodness to us. And he is good! So good, in fact, that if we gaze at how good he is, we will burst with tears of joy. And that pause, that kind of joy, gets us ready to live into the future God lays out for us.
This week the tables turn a bit. Instead of celebrating how God makes us glad, we'll wander through creation and wonder how all of creation makes God glad. Why did God create the universe, the earth, the sky, the sea, even a three-toed sloth called an ai?
We've planned a number of ways to celebrate the gladness God brings:
- Glad Cards are at the kiosks again this week and can be filled out with short notes of what we are glad for. We are filling the wall of the Lobby with our gladness!
- One for One. For five weeks, out of our gladness in God, we are going to give away $1 for every attender, every week, as an extra gift to a mission outside of ourselves. Your simple presence will be a gift of gladness!
- Outdoor Space Finish. Over the next several Saturdays, our Outdoor Space Team invites us to finish eight outside projects that will make our land more welcoming to guests.
- Glad gifts. We'll invite people to consider a gift of gladness, thanking God for providing this space, that will reduce our mortgage principle so that we’ll have a lower monthly payment when the loan payments are set in September.
"The Lord has done great things for us. We are glad." (Psalm 126:3)
Sunday School for All Ages at 9:50a.m.
- Children and Worship
- Ages 5-1st Grade (Children's Area)
- Dismissed during the 8:30 and 11:10 a.m. services.
- Ages K-5th Grade (Children's Area)
- Middle School & High School (Youth Room)
- Adult Opportunities:
- Created To Be Related (Fellowship Hall): This week's topic is: Painful Relationships. Life is supposed to “work out”. We want to be loved, be safe and secure, have identity, peace, wholeness, and know there is a plan and meaning to life. Numerous surveys tell us that over 70% of homes today lack most, if not all, of these common traits. Homes are broken by divorce, dysfunction, indifference and deep pain. What are we to do? How are we to help? Or, is that any of our business? How do we evaluate our own home? How do we evaluate us/me? This is an enormous topic which affects all of our lives both in the church and throughout our community. This week and next we will explore these questions through a panel today and a time of discussion and study on May 1.
Sunday School Guide Class: (Adult Room 1): This class will gather around the table in Adult Room 1 from 9:50-10:35. All ages are welcome. For a copy of this weeks lesson, click HERE
Next Step Class (Adult Room 1) 11:00-12:00pm: Have you ever wondered what God's purpose is for you in the church? This week the NEXT STEP Class is covering the topic "Discovering your Gift" and you are invited to come and discover this for your life. Feel free to talk to Pastor Bob if you have any questions.
Going to be gone? You can worship with us live on our Webcast – click HERE
You can also view past services in their entirety – click HERE
You can view this weeks bulletin - click HERE