The kids will lead worship this week. They'll parade with palms to help us remember the story of Jesus entering Jerusalem for his final week. The crowds that day were full of joy and anticipation of who they hoped Jesus was. By week's end, of course, Jesus died on a cross and was buried in a grave.
We call next week "Holy Week" because of how special these days are in the history of the church. For the last four weeks I've preached on the final words of Jesus to his followers, as if he was saying, "Before I go..."
We come to John 17 in this week's message. Jesus finished speaking to his followers. Now he speaks to his heavenly Father. You learn a lot about someone's walk with God by praying with them. This Sunday, we get to pray with Jesus. He prays for himself, for the 12 disciples, but he also prays for us.
What does he actually pray for? Buckle up, plan to lean in and learn together.
Sunday School for All Ages at 9:50a.m.
- Children and Worship
- Ages 5-1st Grade (Children's Area)
- Dismissed during the 8:30 and 11:10 a.m. services.
- Ages K-5th Grade (Children's Area)
- Middle School & High School (Youth Room)
- Adult Opportunities:
- Mission Trip Sharing (Fellowship Hall): Come out and hear the many ways God has been at work in the lives of our college students and adult leaders over Spring Break. This is a great place to catch a glimpse of the places we send people to serve and learn and the impact that it makes.
Sunday School Guide Class: Class will resume gathering for Bible study starting April 3. Outlines and notes for the lessons are sent weekly to interested adults of all ages, please contact Syl Scorza at: 712-737-4335 / email@example.com. For this weeks lesson, click HERE.
Going to be gone? You can worship with us live on our Webcast – click HERE
You can also view past services in their entirety – click HERE
You can view this weeks bulletin - click HERE