This week is a very special week. We are sending out dozens of people on mission experiences over the next two weeks. Students, faculty, and staff, from Northwestern and Dordt will be heading north and south and east and west. Some will go to Europe, to Haiti, and to Nicaragua. And, Pastor Bob and elder Karen Barker will be our representatives on a visit to our sister church in Japan.
All this reminds me of a phrase from Pastor Rick Warren, "It's not your seating capacity but your sending capacity that counts." Thanks be to God!
The message may seem out of place for a day of sending, but it actually fits quite well. Jesus is in the middle of his last talk with the disciples before he goes to the cross. They fear what comes next. Jesus sets them at ease as he talks about home, about the home he prepares for them in his Father's house.
What makes you feel most at home? Jesus taps into what I believe is a powerful longing in every human heart: the longing to be at home. Lean in with me let's hear Jesus invite us to live for our true home.
Sunday School for All Ages at 9:50a.m.
- Children and Worship
- Ages 5-1st Grade (Children's Area)
- Dismissed during the 8:30 and 11:10 a.m. services.
- Ages K-5th Grade (Children's Area)
- Middle School & High School (Youth Room)
- Adult Opportunities:
- Questions of Life (Fellowship Hall): This week we will continue a series on “Created To Be Related.” This week we will have a panel discussion on the topic of marriage. We all know someone who is married. It may be us. It may be our friend. In this session we will look at how we can walk with one another to strengthen marriages. We will explore how to help people who are struggling in their marriage. This week a diverse panel will be sharing and answering questions about this topic. Come out as we learn and grow together.
Sunday School Guide Class: Will not meet this winter, but Syl Scorza will prepare “home” outlines and notes each week. These are available on-line, click HERE.
Going to be gone? You can worship with us live on our Webcast – click HERE
You can also view past services in their entirety – click HERE
You can view this weeks bulletin - click HERE