This week, I'm beginning five weeks in the Gospel of John. We'll be walking with Jesus and his disciples during the night before he died. In five chapters (John 13-17), in just a 2-3 hour span, Jesus gives his final words.
We're calling this worship series, "Before I go..." If you knew you were going to die tomorrow, what would you do today?
Jesus does what I think most of us would want to do: he gathers his closest people, shares his deepest love, and invites them to continue living in the way he pointed them. He shows them one more time what true love looks like; where their ultimate home will be; how they can know the deepest of joy; where endurance through trials comes from; and what his ultimate longing for them looks like.
Each week, we'll have three stations for you to take the worship experience a bit deeper if you desire: a place to receive communion from an elder, a wash basin to practice an ancient tradition, and the baptismal font to remember your own baptism.
I so hope you will join us and engage with Jesus' last message. I believe we will find meaning and joy for the walk that he has all of us on.
~Jon Opgenoth, Senior Pastor
Sunday School for All Ages at 9:50a.m.
- Children and Worship
- Ages 5-1st Grade (Children's Area)
- Dismissed during the 8:30 and 11:10 a.m. services.
- Ages K-5th Grade (Children's Area)
- Middle School & High School (Youth Room)
- Adult Opportunities:
- Questions of Life (Fellowship Hall): This week we will continue a series on “Created To Be Related.” This week we will have a panel discussion on the topic of marriage. We all know someone who is married. It may be us. It may be our friend. In this session we will look at how we can walk with one another to strengthen marriages. We will explore how to help people who are struggling in their marriage. This week a diverse panel will be sharing and answering questions about this topic. Come out as we learn and grow together.
Sunday School Guide Class: Will not meet this winter, but Syl Scorza will prepare “home” outlines and notes each week. These will be available on-line, click HERE. Please sign-up with Syl at: email@example.com or 737-4335.
Going to be gone? You can worship with us live on our Webcast – click HERE
You can also view past services in their entirety – click HERE
You can view this weeks bulletin - click HERE