This week we continue a series on expectations. Expectations have a huge influence on how we experience our lives, and there may not be any time where we feel more of the weight of expectations than around Christmas. The food needs to taste just like Grandma used to make it. Everyone needs to make it to every gathering and get along. We need to get everyone everything on their Christmas list. Oh, and we’re supposed to have some spiritually meaningful moment because, after all, this is about Jesus, right?
Unfortunately, though our minds are filled with hopes and nostalgia, the reality of Christmas rarely looks like we dreamed it up. Over the next several weeks we will be looking at the characters of Isaiah, Mary, Zechariah, and the shepherds to see what we can learn from them as we experience another Christmas. Hopefully we can find that while the reality of Christmas is messy, in it is also where we find the Messiah if we know where to look.
Also this week, we will get the joy of celebrating baptism.
WORSHIP TIMES - 8:30 / 9:50 / 11:10 a.m.
- NURSERY is available for children Infant-Age 3 during all services.
- CHILDREN & WORSHIP (Ages 4-6)
- Dismissing from the 8:30 & 11:10 a.m. services
- Children need to be picked up after the service in the Children's Area
- CHILDREN'S SUNDAY SCHOOL (Ages 4-5th Grade)
- 9:50-10:50 a.m. in the Children's Area
- MIDDLE SCHOOL & HIGH SCHOOL SUNDAY SCHOOL (Grades 6-12)
- 9:50-10:50 a.m. in the Youth Room
SUNDAY SCHOOL OPPORTUNITIES
- ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL GUIDE CLASS (Room 1)
- This class gathers around the table in Room 1 from 9:50-10:30 a.m. Sunday School Guides and lesson outlines are available in the office. The current study series is called Nativity Narratives. In December the accounts come from Luke. All ages are welcome. For a copy of this weeks lesson, click HERE.
- THE TRANSFORMED LIFE CLASS (Rooms 3&4)
- This class will focus on God's work in our unique stories as people share their journey with us. We will look at different ways God continues to grow us and what motivates the heart. Sharing this week is Derek Brouwer.
Going to be gone? You can worship with us live on our Webcast – click HERE
You can also view past services in their entirety – click HERE
You can view this weeks bulletin - click HERE
Stay connected with our weekly emails - signup HERE