Do you feel overwhelmed? Like your life is more than you can handle? Like you don’t know how to keep all the plates spinning? Do you feel called to something greater than yourself? Or asked to step out in faith?
The life of faith is lived beyond ourselves. Our weakness only emphasizes God’s strength. And when we're truly following Christ we can find ourselves...In over our head.
This week we look at what it means to be in over our heads through the life of Gideon. Not only was he overwhelmed by his day-to-day tasks, but this guy was absolutely in over his head when God asked him to lead 300 men against the entire army of Midian. Each day Gideon kept losing more control of his life, but it was only under God's control when Gideon was able to truly live.
When we are in over our heads, that's exactly where God wants us to be! That's scary, but it's also exhilarating and liberating. Gideon is a wonderful example of what it looks like to live life in over our heads.
WORSHIP TIMES - 8:30 / 9:50 / 11:10 a.m.
- NURSERY is available for children Infant-Age 3 during all services.
- CHILDREN & WORSHIP (Ages 4-6)
- Dismissing from the 8:30 & 11:10 a.m. services
- Children need to be picked up after the service in the Children's Area
- CHILDREN'S SUNDAY SCHOOL (Ages 4-5th Grade)
- 9:50-10:50 a.m. in the Children's Area
- MIDDLE SCHOOL & HIGH SCHOOL SUNDAY SCHOOL (Grades 6-12)
- 9:50-10:50 a.m. in the Youth Room
SUNDAY SCHOOL OPPORTUNITIES
- ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL GUIDE CLASS (Room 1)
- This class gathers around the table in Room 1 from 9:50-10:30 a.m. Sunday School Guides and lesson outlines are available in the office. The November studies are from Revelation 21-22, looking at newness, nobility, and nutrition in heaven and nastiness thrown out. All ages are welcome. For a copy of this weeks lesson, click HERE.
- THE TRANSFORMED LIFE CLASS (Rooms 3&4)
- Most of us want to see transformation in our lives with Christ but may wonder what this looks like. What is entailed in this journey of faith and how can I enter in with greater clarity and passion? This class will focus on God's work in our unique stories as people share their journey with us. We will look at different ways God continues to grow us and what motivates the heart. All are welcome. Sharing this week is Jane Rubietta.
Going to be gone? You can worship with us live on our Webcast – click HERE
You can also view past services in their entirety – click HERE
You can view this weeks bulletin - click HERE
Stay connected with our weekly emails - signup HERE