Worship this week brings us to another person who easily could have said, "I'm in over my head." God asked 80-year old Moses to confront Pharaoh, King of Egypt, and the most powerful man in the world. Moses knew from the get-go that this was way beyond who he was. After all, for 40 years he had been tending sheep. How could a farmer free the Israelites from 400 years of slavery?
And yet, God did it through the likes of Moses.
But first, God had to show Moses how God had been preparing him his entire life for this moment; how God would use the gifts Moses already possessed to bring about God's purposes; and how God would do amazing signs through Moses.
I love this story for many reasons, but three will be important this week. First, this story shaped my early sense of call to come to Trinity in 1999. Second, in the decision to leave Trinity to become the President of Words of Hope, God gave me a "burning bush" that I want to tell you about. And third, I believe the call of Moses gives us one pattern for discerning God's call on each of our lives. Every single follower of Jesus is called to something greater, something that puts us "in over our head." What's yours?
~ Pastor Jon
WORSHIP TIMES - 8:30 / 9:50 / 11:10 a.m.
- NURSERY is available for children Infant-Age 3 during all services.
- CHILDREN & WORSHIP (Ages 4-6)
- Dismissing from the 8:30 & 11:10 a.m. services
- Children need to be picked up after the service in the Children's Area
- CHILDREN'S SUNDAY SCHOOL (Ages 4-5th Grade)
- 9:50-10:50 a.m. in the Children's Area
- MIDDLE SCHOOL & HIGH SCHOOL SUNDAY SCHOOL (Grades 6-12)
- MS & HS Sunday School will not have class this week
SUNDAY SCHOOL OPPORTUNITIES
- ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL GUIDE CLASS (Room 1)
- This class gathers around the table in Room 1 from 9:50-10:30 a.m. Sunday School Guides and lesson outlines are available in the office. The November studies are from Revelation 21-22, looking at newness, nobility, and nutrition in heaven and nastiness thrown out. All ages are welcome. For a copy of this weeks lesson, click HERE.
- THE TRANSFORMED LIFE CLASS (Rooms 3&4)
- Most of us want to see transformation in our lives with Christ but may wonder what this looks like. What is entailed in this journey of faith and how can I enter in with greater clarity and passion? This class will focus on God's work in our unique stories as people share their journey with us. We will look at different ways God continues to grow us and what motivates the heart. All are welcome. Sharing this week is Adam Boone.
Going to be gone? You can worship with us live on our Webcast – click HERE
You can also view past services in their entirety – click HERE
You can view this weeks bulletin - click HERE
Stay connected with our weekly emails - signup HERE