This week's message helps answer the question, "How will you live on November 9?" Why that day? It's the first day after the United States election for President. The ads will end, the pre-vote rhetoric will be over, and somebody will win. And, according to polls, over half the country will be mad, no matter who wins. Neither leading candidate is likely get 50% of the vote.
So, how will followers of Jesus respond? Christians in the U.S. these days seem a bit fearful at the prospect of either candidate winning. "The lesser of two evils" is a refrain heard from Christians voting for both Secretary Clinton and Mr. Trump.
We hope the Apostle Paul's words in Titus 3 are taken to heart. We'll come to the fifth time he says "The saying is trustworthy..." To a young leader named Titus, on the island of Crete, Paul gives instruction for how followers of Christ are to engage culture in a place where Christianity is a minority movement. His words are as true today as they were nearly 2,000 years ago. Let's listen to the ancient word with 21st century ears.
This week we will also have an interview with a Christian from Canada who pastors in the United States, as well as the joy of seeing the baptism of Ashley Doran and Danielle Rossell, two college students who are professing their faith among us.
WORSHIP TIMES - 8:30 / 9:50 / 11:10 a.m.
- NURSERY is available for children Infant-Age 3 during all services.
- CHILDREN & WORSHIP (Ages 4-6)
- Dismissing from the 8:30 & 11:10 a.m. services
- Children need to be picked up after the service in the Children's Area
- CHILDREN'S SUNDAY SCHOOL (Ages 4-5th Grade)
- 9:50-10:50 a.m. in the Children's Area
- MIDDLE SCHOOL & HIGH SCHOOL SUNDAY SCHOOL (Grades 6-12)
- 9:50-10:50 a.m. in the Youth Room
SUNDAY SCHOOL OPPORTUNITIES
- ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL GUIDE CLASS (Room 1)
- This class gathers around the table in Room 1 from 9:50-10:30 a.m. Sunday School Guides and lesson outlines are available in the office. The class is studying a series "Jesus on the Book of Hebrews" in the New Testament. All ages are welcome. For a copy of this weeks lesson, click HERE.
- THE TRANSFORMED LIFE CLASS (Rooms 3&4)
- Most of us want to see transformation in our lives with Christ but may wonder what this looks like. What is entailed in this journey of faith and how can I enter in with greater clarity and passion? This class will focus on God's work in our unique stories as people share their journey with us. We will look atdifferent ways God continues to grow us and what motivates the heart. All are welcome. Sharing this week is former NWC football coach Larry Korver.
Going to be gone? You can worship with us live on our Webcast – click HERE
You can also view past services in their entirety – click HERE
You can view this weeks bulletin - click HERE
Stay connected with our weekly emails - signup HERE