They say that faith is only as good as the object it is placed in. So today what is there that is trustworthy? We’ve all been let down by politicians, technology, and even the people we love at different times. We’ve learned to be skeptical of what we read on the internet, and no one wants to be gullible. We’ve even learned that we can’t always trust ourselves. So what’s left to trust in?
The very first followers of Jesus had these same questions and were searching for something to hold on to. A person we know as the Apostle Paul wrote two young men, living in the city of Ephesus, to hold on to what is true. In his letters to Timothy and Titus he encourages them several times saying, “The saying is trustworthy…”
He uses that phrase five times to precede a bedrock truth he wants Timothy and Titus to hold fast. We're looking at one each week.
This week's "trustworthy saying" fuels our hope in God in times of suffering, sorrow, and setbacks. Have you ever wondered if following Jesus is worth it? Where in your life are you overwhelmed with wondering if you can make it through? This week's saying may just be used by God to give you courage, hope, and peace.
WORSHIP TIMES - 8:30 / 9:50 / 11:10 a.m.
- NURSERY is available for children Infant-Age 3 during all services.
- CHILDREN & WORSHIP (Ages 4-6)
- Dismissing from the 8:30 & 11:10 a.m. services
- Children need to be picked up after the service in the Children's Area
- CHILDREN'S SUNDAY SCHOOL (Ages 4-5th Grade)
- 9:50-10:50 a.m. in the Children's Area
- MIDDLE SCHOOL & HIGH SCHOOL SUNDAY SCHOOL (Grades 6-12)
- 9:50-10:50 a.m. in the Youth Room
SUNDAY SCHOOL OPPORTUNITIES
- ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL GUIDE CLASS (Room 1)
- This class gathers around the table in Room 1 from 9:50-10:30 a.m. Sunday School Guides and lesson outlines are available in the office. The class is studying a series "Jesus on the Book of Hebrews" in the New Testament. All ages are welcome. For a copy of this weeks lesson, click HERE.
- THE TRANSFORMED LIFE CLASS (Rooms 3&4)
- Most of us want to see transformation in our lives with Christ but may wonder what this looks like. What is entailed in this journey of faith and how can I enter in with greater clarity and passion? This class will focus on God's work in our unique stories as people share their journey with us. We will look atdifferent ways God continues to grow us and whatmotivates the heart. All are welcome. Sam Winn will be sharing this week.
Going to be gone? You can worship with us live on our Webcast – click HERE
You can also view past services in their entirety – click HERE
You can view this weeks bulletin - click HERE
Stay connected with our weekly emails - signup HERE