Welcome to the New Year! I don’t know what you are hoping for in this year, but I know that God is at work among us, and we are praying that our together this week will allow us to be overwhelmed by God’s love in Jesus. And, once loved, to be the kind of people who live and love like Jesus.
For a few months now, I’ve been anticipating our Winter Worship Series in Romans 12. The writer is the Apostle Paul. He writes to a church in Rome, full of all kinds of people - new believers from pagan backgrounds, and long-time religious insiders with a Jewish history. There are rich and poor, Roman citizens and ethnic outsiders.
How can such a diverse group of people get along? That’s what Romans 12 is all about. How do we relate to one another?
Do you have any relationships that feel strained? Anyone you would rather not run into at the grocery store or post office? Do you cringe when you see your caller-ID or the “from” box in your e-mail with a name you don’t want to interact with?
And yet, deep down, we want to live in peace with those closest to us. Let’s see what God has to say through a man named Paul.
This week is also special because we’ll welcome new members, hear a profession of faith, and join with our sisters and brothers from Amistad Christiana in Sioux Center during our 11:10 service.
Sunday School for All Ages at 9:50a.m.
- Children and Worship
- Ages 5-1st Grade (Children's Area)
- Dismissed during the 8:30 and 11:10 a.m. services.
- Ages K-5th Grade (Children's Area)
- Middle School & High School (Youth Room)
- Adult Opportunities:
- Questions of Life (Fellowship Hall): This week we will begin a series on “Created To Be Related.” This series will parallel the sermons and we will be exploring various common relationship areas (singles, dating, marriage, friendships, parenting...) and the joys and struggles in these. This week we will be studying Romans 12 together. The class will be facilitated by Pastor Bob. Please plan to start the year off with this growth opportunity.
Sunday School Guide Class: Will not meet this winter, but Syl Scorza will prepare “home” outlines and notes each week. These will be available on-line, click HERE. Please sign-up with Syl at: email@example.com or 737-4335.
Going to be gone? You can worship with us live on our Webcast – click HERE
You can also view past services in their entirety – click HERE
You can view this weeks bulletin - click HERE