I've been praying this week for us to both experience the warmth of God's presence and be challenged by the Bible's call to radically love those we may not always like.
Our worship services are walking through Romans 12, seeking to understand what "love" is all about in our relationships. The early followers of Jesus needed a new word to describe what kind of love they had received and were trying to give. You can't love like that unless you have been loved like that. And. You. Have.
Last week, Pastor Bob showed us what love does: love serves, love gives, love overcomes.
This week, we'll see what love costs. If we are going to live and love like Jesus for the sake of others, it will eventually cost us something. But I am convinced the fruit of loving others like that will produce a church that welcomes people in from the cold; warms their lives with something kind; and draws them to experience true love in Jesus.
Aren't you ready to experience a love like that?
Sunday School for All Ages at 9:50a.m.
- Children and Worship
- Ages 5-1st Grade (Children's Area)
- Dismissed during the 8:30 and 11:10 a.m. services.
- Ages K-5th Grade (Children's Area)
- Middle School & High School (Youth Room)
- Adult Opportunities:
- Questions of Life (Adult Rooms 1&2): This week we will continue a series on “Created To Be Related.” This series will parallel the sermons and we will be exploring various common relationship areas (singles, dating, marriage, friendships, parenting...) and the joys and struggles in these. This week we will have a scripture study and discussion on the the DATING relationship. “What is the purpose of dating? What are some of the greatest challenges? What does dating look like when married? When you are married for a long time?” This class will explore relationships that we can grow in no matter what stage of life we are in.
Sunday School Guide Class: Will not meet this winter, but Syl Scorza will prepare “home” outlines and notes each week. These will be available on-line. Please sign-up with Syl at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 737-4335.
Going to be gone? You can worship with us live on our Webcast – click HERE
You can also view past services in their entirety – click HERE
You can view this weeks bulletin - click HERE