This month we’re walking with a man the Bible introduces as Abram. Soon enough, God changes his name to Abraham. Names mean something. God changes him from Abram, “exalted father,” to Abraham, “father of a multitude.”
It is this man who God chose to enter into a relationship by which he intended to bless everyone else. We might say, “Abraham was blessed by God to be a blessing to others.”
This week, we will welcome Rev. David Bast to bring to us a second story in Abraham’s life. David is the President of Words of Hope, one of our key mission partners. Words of Hope’s mission is to build the church world-wide through media. Most often, this means using radio broadcasts in the hardest to reach places and in the “heart” languages of people. He’ll give us a mission update and we’ll pray for his work.
David’s message will be from Genesis 15. Abram has already trusted God by leaving his country and father’s house to go to Canaan. But he does not yet have a son. He wonders if God’s promise will come true. God increases the size of the promise and, in a most stunning way, demonstrates his radical commitment to make good on the covenant.
We are all on a journey. God still speaks to us by his Spirit through his Word and especially in Jesus. He still invites us to put our faith in him. I am praying all who hear this message will do just that.
Sunday School for All Ages at 9:50a.m.
- Children and Worship
- Ages 5-1st Grade (Children's Area)
- Dismissed during the 8:30 and 11:10 a.m. services.
- Ages K-5th Grade (Children's Area)
- Middle School & High School (Youth Room)
- Adult Opportunities:
- Questions of Life (Fellowship Hall): For the next three weeks we will be discussing Health and Wholeness and the spiritual life. How does God call us to care for our bodies as we glorify Him? Why is it important to maintain health as Kingdom workers? What are practical ways to improve health based on how God designed our bodies? Monica Aalbers, Brittany Hamm, and Amanda Keller will be facilitating this series.
- Scripture Study (Adult Rooms 3&4): Join us as we study Romans 5:1-8 in light of the sermon topic from Genesis 15. We will watch a powerful 6 min. video from The Bible Project along with the study. Michelle Christy will be facilitating this class.
Sunday School Guide (Adult Room 1): This week will be Lesson 10
Going to be gone? You can worship with us live on our Webcast – click HERE
You can also view past services in their entirety – click HERE
You can view this weeks bulletin - click HERE