This month we’re walking with a man the Bible introduces as Abram. Soon enough, God changes his name to Abraham. Names mean something. God changes him from Abram, “exalted father,” to Abraham, “father of a multitude.” It is this man who God chose to enter into a relationship by which he intended to bless everyone else. We might say, “Abraham was blessed by God to be a blessing to others.”
This weeks story shows us how God’s blessing shapes two of the most important parts of our daily lives: our relationships and our resources. We’ll discover that it is often with people we are closest to that we have the greatest conflict. And when it comes to resources, we’ll discover the difference between a person who knows he is blessed and one who doesn’t.
Those who have placed their trust in Jesus, the Bible says, have received “every spiritual blessing” (Ephesians 1:3). How does God’s blessing in Jesus shape our lives? Join us and lets learn from our ancestor Abraham.
Also, this week we’ll welcome 16 new members and baptize 3 children!
Praise the Lord! Whenever we have a week like this week, I am reminded of my great thankfulness to God for the generous sacrifice of so many who have sacrificed their resources and preferences to see God’s kingdom advance.
Thanks be to God!
Sunday School for All Ages at 9:50a.m.
- Children and Worship
- Ages 5-1st Grade (Children's Area)
- Dismissed during the 8:30 and 11:10 a.m. services.
- Ages K-5th Grade (Children's Area)
- Middle School & High School (Youth Room)
- Adult Opportunities:
- Questions of Life (Fellowship Hall): For the next three weeks we will be discussing Health and Wholeness and the spiritual life. How does God call us to care for our bodies as we glorify Him? Why is it important to maintain health as Kingdom workers? What are practical ways to improve health based on how God designed our bodies? Monica Aalbers, Brittany Hamm, and Amanda Keller will be facilitating this series.
- Scripture Study (Adult Rooms 3&4): Join us as we study and discuss scripture together.
Sunday School Guide (Adult Room 1): This week will be Lesson 10
Going to be gone? You can worship with us live on our Webcast – click HERE
You can also view past services in their entirety – click HERE
You can view this weeks bulletin - click HERE