We believe that through Jesus, God gives all people the opportunity to know they belong to him. But what does it mean to belong, to truly know that we are God’s loved daughters and loved sons?
During the weeks of October 11, 18, and 25, we’re going to visit an old place to explore the answer. We call it “Heidelberg U.”
Old timers (like Pastor Jon) will remember something called “The Heidelberg Catechism.” A fancy title for a little book of questions and answers that two pastors wrote in 1563 to help young people understand Christianity. These guys lived in Heidelberg, Germany. And the book they wrote is one of the founding books of the Reformed Church. It’s divided into 52 parts - one for each week of the year.
It may sound a little bit stuffy, but it really is a book about grace and belonging. It’s most beautiful line may be “... I belong body and soul, in life and in death, to my faithful Savior, Jesus Christ...” As we look, we’ll learn...
- God’s grace comes to us before we even believe in Jesus.
- God holds everything in our lives together through his generous providence.
- Jesus Christ pleads our cause before his Father.
- The Holy Spirit adopts us into the family of the Triune God.
This week, you'll see what it means to belong to God’s family.
And, we’ll hear from our newest staff member, Connection Coordinator Julie Andersen, how she is seeing God at work in her new role.
At 2:30 p.m. we will hold a special worship service for the ordination of Ben Vos! His name (well, title anyway) will change to Reverend Benjamin D. Vos! Be sure to come - there will be pie afterwards!
Sunday School for All Ages at 9:50a.m.
- Children and Worship
- Ages 5-1st Grade (Children's Area)
- Dismissed during the 8:30 and 11:10 a.m. services.
- Ages K-5th Grade (Children's Area)
- Middle School & High School (Youth Room)
- Adult Opportunities:
- Questions of Life (Fellowship Hall): This week we begin a series on “How can we study the Bible in a way that truly changes us?” For the next 3 weeks this class will be digging into God’s Word in a new way for many. Come and join in this pursuit and see what God will do.
Sunday School Guide: This week will be Lesson 6 (Adult Room 1)
Going to be gone? You can worship with us live on our Webcast – click HERE
You can also view past services in their entirety – click HERE
You can view this weeks bulletin - click HERE