This weeks message continues our “Heidelberg U” series. We’ll look at several passages from scripture that explain the depth and breadth of our sin. Indeed, we are broken and messed up people. It doesn’t take much to see that in our world today. If last week’s message was about comfort, this week’s message is about discomfort.
Scripture tells us that at our core - our natural tendency, if you will - is a hatred for God and for humanity. We cannot, in and of ourselves, love God and others the way God asks us to. This is sin. This is misery.
There is hope. And we’ll get to that by the end of the message this week. But until that time, let’s make sure we don’t rush past this idea of sin and misery. It will be good for us to sit with that for a while. After all, one of the best ways we can know the depth and breadth of God’s love for us is to know just how much we really need that love.
“Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose trust is the Lord. He is like a tree planted by water, that sends out its roots by the stream, and does not fear when heat comes, for its leaves remain green, and is not anxious in the year of drought, for it does not cease to bear fruit.”
~ Jeremiah 17:7-8
Sunday School for All Ages at 9:50a.m.
- Children and Worship
- Ages 5-1st Grade (Children's Area)
- Dismissed during the 8:30 and 11:10 a.m. services.
- Ages K-5th Grade (Children's Area)
- Middle School & High School (Youth Room)
- Adult Opportunities:
- Questions of Life (Fellowship Hall): This week we continue a series on “How can we study the Bible in a way that truly changes us?” For the next 2 weeks this class will be digging into God’s Word in a new way for many. Come and join in this pursuit and see what God will do.
Sunday School Guide: This week will be Lesson 7 (Adult Room 1)
Going to be gone? You can worship with us live on our Webcast – click HERE
You can also view past services in their entirety – click HERE
You can view this weeks bulletin - click HERE