This week, we find a new word that Jesus gives as part of following him - "Cross." "Whoever does not take their cross and follow me is not worthy of me." (Matthew 10:38)
The cross for disciples? Sure, we wear it around our necks, tattoo it to our skin, and adorn the front of churches with it. But to the first disciples, the cross was not exactly what they signed up for. And yet, the path of the cross is the one way to find our true identity and ultimate joy.
How about us? As you seek Jesus, what are you expecting from him? How has he defied your expectations and yet fulfilled all your deepest longings?
And, big bonus - the children are leading our worship singing for Palm Sunday, AND we welcome new members!
Our Sunday Morning services start at 8:45 a.m. and 11:00 a.m.
Children and Youth Sunday School will meet between services, 10:00-10:50 a.m.
There will not be Children and Worship this Sunday.
Our Adult Sunday School Opportunities this week are:
- The Life You Have Always Wanted (Adult Rooms 3&4)
- How does our individual and corporate witness help us grow in faith? Last Sunday Jon asked the question "What did you sign up for?" We will begin here as it ties directly into this week's topic. Mike Callagy will be facilitating.
- Questions of Life (Fellowship Hall)
- This weeks topic: What is our role as Christians in the immigration struggle? Please join us for a 3-week series to wrestle together with this issue that affects our society and our local region in very direct ways. This week we will hear from another person in the struggle as well as look at what the Bible says. On April 12 we will explore ways we can move forward both individually and corporately to help make changes in this struggle.
- Sunday School Guide (Adult Room 1)
Going to be gone? You can worship with us live on our Webcast – click HERE
You can also view past services in their entirety – click HERE
PALM SUNDAY PARENTS OF K-5TH GRADERS INFO
This Sunday, March 29 the K-5th graders will be helping lead singing for Palm Sunday. We are asking that the kids be here at 8:20 a.m. on Sunday morning to run through a quick practice. Have the kids meet in the sanctuary at that time. Thanks.
HOLY WEEK SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
- March 29 - Palm Sunday Services
- 8:45 a.m. & 11:00 a.m. at Trinity
- April 2 - Maundy Thursday Service
- 6:30 p.m. at Living Water Community Church
- April 3 - Good Friday
- Good Friday Men’s Prayer Breakfast
- 6:30 - 7:45 a.m. - at NWC Student Center
- Community Good Friday Worship Service
- 12:10-12:50 p.m. - at New Hope Church
- April 5 - Easter Services
- 8:45 a.m. & 11:00 a.m. at Trinity
EXTRA NURSERY HELP NEEDED
Due to the addition of the 3rd service for the weeks of April 12-May 10, we could use some extra nursery help, especially at the 9:50 a.m. service. Please contact Kristin Brouwer at 737-4542 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
UPCOMING SERVICE CHANGES
From April 12-May 10 we will be having three Worship Services each Sunday. Starting times will be 8:30am, 9:50am, and 11:10am. Sunday School for all ages will be during the 9:50am service. Children & Worship will be dismissed during the 8:30am and 11:10am services.
WALK THROUGH THE BIBLE
On Sunday April 12, Walk Through The Bible New Testament will be coming to Trinity! The first session is free and during our morning worship, giving everyone in the congregation a foretaste of the event. The event will take place in the afternoon from 1:00-4:45pm. For everyone registered to attend the afternoon event, there will be a book, a lunch at noon, and snacks. Sign-up online, click HERE. Or you can sign-up at the Welcome Center on Sunday or by calling the church office during office hours at 737-4542. Please contact Mike Callagy at 712-541-3110 with questions. Click HERE for more information.