SUNDAY'S COMING On Sunday, our worship and message will center around the practice of praying. Do you pray? Probably. A 2014 survey suggest that 55% of us pray daily, and at least 78% pray weekly or monthly. Even people with no religious affiliate pray in at least 22% of their lives.
But, honestly, are you satisfied with your praying?
What if there was a way to have so much joy in prayer that words could not express it? Wouldn't you jump at that? I would.
Well, the good news we'll hear today is that that is exactly the kind of prayer experience open to everyone, regardless of how much we know or don't know about God. I hope you'll lean in to the worship this week.
We will also celebrate the baptism of Rhett Derek Clarey on Sunday!
Our Sunday Morning services start at 8:45 a.m. and 11:00 a.m.
Children and Youth Sunday School will meet between services, 10:00-10:50 a.m.
Children and Worship Children ages 5 through 1st grade will be dismissed during the service and can be picked up after church in the Kid’s Area.
Our Adult Sunday School Opportunities this week are:
- Questions of Life (Fellowship Hall)
- This Sunday we are continuing our discussion on the topic of: Racism - what can we do? We will explore ways for us as individuals and as a church to take steps forward in building the kind of redemptive relationships God calls us to across racial divides. Come join us for this exciting and challenging opportunity.
- The Life You Have Always Wanted (Adult Rooms 3 & 4)
- What does it look like to practically follow God in order to allow him to work in your life? This Sunday Pastor Bob will lead us further in how we can study God's word so we can better heard God's voice.
- Sunday School Guide (Adult Room 1)
Going to be gone? You can worship with us live on our Webcast – click HERE
You can also view past services in their entirety – click HERE
NEW WOMEN’S BIBLE STUDY
Mark your calendars and join Michelle Christy’s new Bible Study “When Jesus Sees.” The study will be on Wednesday nights, January 28-April 15, from 6:30-8:00pm at Trinity. Sign-up deadline is January 19th. Cost is $25.00 for materials. You can sign-up on Sunday at the Welcome Center or online, click HERE.
VALLEY MALE CHORUS RESCHEDULED
The Valley Male Chorus of Rock Valley, IA has been rescheduled. They will be presenting a sacred music concert next Sunday night, January 25, 2015 at Trinity. A freewill offering will be taken for the benefit of children and adults with disabilities receiving services at Hope Haven. Everyone is invited to attend this evening of praise and thanksgiving.