SUNDAY'S COMING On Sunday we will continue our series by looking very practically at what is entailed in seeing our signal with God boosted. The journey begins and ends with God, and his act of blessing us as children.
As a church we will study Psalm 1 together. In this Psalm we receive a beautiful invitation by God to follow after him, and the results that will follow. This is a call to obedience and hope. What is crucial to this call is a relationship with God, cultivated in and through the Word of God.
Do we delight in God's Word? Do we allow God's Word to shape and form us as we meditate on it? Let's come humbly together to hear from God and respond to him in faith.
Our Sunday Morning services start at 8:45 a.m. and 11:00 a.m.
Children and Youth Sunday School will meet between services, 10:00-10:50 a.m.
Children and Worship Children ages 5 through 1st grade will be dismissed during the service and can be picked up after church in the Kid’s Area.
Our Adult Sunday School Opportunities this week are:
- Questions of Life (Fellowship Hall)
- This Sunday we are continuing our discussion on the topic of: Racism in our society and in our own hearts. We will hear from another panel as well as spend time around tables talking about crucial aspects of racism and what God's Word says about this. Come join us for this exciting and challenging opportunity.
- The Life You Have Always Wanted (Adult Rooms 3 & 4)
- What does it look like to practically follow God in order to allow him to work in your life? This class will help participants respond to the worship series we are in and boost their signal with God. By exploring and practicing things such as Bible Study, prayer, fellowship, and silence we will take remarkable steps in our faith. This Sunday, Pastor Jon will lead by answering the question, "Is this even necessary?"
- Sunday School Guide (Adult Room 1)
Going to be gone? You can worship with us live on our Webcast – click HERE
You can also view past services in their entirety – click HERE
VALLEY MALE CHORUS
The Valley Male Chorus of Rock Valley, IA will be presenting a sacred music concert this Sunday night, January 11, 2015 at Trinity. A freewill offering will be taken for the benefit of children and adults with disabilities receiving services at Hope Haven. Everyone is invited to attend this evening of praise and thanksgiving.
NEW WOMEN’S BIBLE STUDY
Mark your calendars and join Michelle Christy’s new Bible Study “When Jesus Sees.” The study will be on Wednesday nights, January 28-April 15, from 6:30-8:00pm at Trinity. Sign-up deadline is January 19th. Cost is $25.00 for materials. You can sign-up on Sunday at the Welcome Center or online, click HERE.
Rick Roos had bypass surgery Thursday at Sanford Hospital. The surgery was longer than expected, but went well.
Ray Weiss is now in the Orange City Hospital.
Berdella Brown is under Hospice care at the nursing home George.
Dorothy Weiss is at Happy Siesta in Remsen.