MONDAY'S HERE On most Sundays, I am thrilled to be pastor at Trinity, but yesterday was extremely precious. I thank God for the children singing and sharing, I praise God for four professions of faith, and I confess before God the great need we unearthed regarding how racism permeates so much of our lives. Before I heard the students share in Sunday School, I would have said, "I don't think it's that bad in Orange City." But when I heard the specific instances of how some of our minority students have experienced life in our community, I was shocked, stunned, and saddened. "O Lord, have mercy on us," is all I could muster.
Thank you, church, for being the kind of place where we can hear the stories we heard, even as we long for the full advent of our Lord and his great kingdom.
P.S. Below are a few pictures of the day. We sincerely apologize but our video of yesterday's worship services will not be available.
END OF YEAR FINANCIAL UPDATE
As we approach the end of the year the deacons would like to share some year-to-date giving updates. Trinity continues to be blessed by strong giving. It is truly amazing to witness God working through his people. Thank You and Thanks be to God! At the end of November giving is up from last year. Projecting to the end of the year, we will need approximately $48,000 to cover all expected 2014 needs.
Historically, Trinity has been blessed with offerings above expenditures at year end. With those dollars we have been able to bless Trinity families in need, provide extra support to local, national and international ministries, and maintain a responsible financial position. As the deacons close out 2014, there are a few core principles that we will exercise, should we be blessed with a surplus again:
- Maintain a fiscally responsible “cushion” as we enter 2015.
- Carefully evaluate and respond to the financial needs of Trinity families and other ministries.
- Reduce building debt with an extra principal payment.
- Listen to God’s leading as we make these decisions.
Thank You for you faithful support! We pray for God’s leading as you make your year-end gift decisions.
THIS WEEK WEDNESDAY AT TRINITY
- 5:30 p.m. – Wednesday Night Meal
- Menu: Pizza Ranch pizza, carrots & apples, and cookies for dessert. All are welcome, there is a $2.00 per person suggested donation.
- 6:30 p.m. – Rainbow Club ~ Christmas Program Practice
- 6:30 p.m. – Leadership Summit Series
- Will not be meeting tonight
- 6:30 p.m. – Amistad Bible Study
- 6:30 p.m. – Ignite Middle School Youth Group
- 8:00 p.m. – Collide High School Youth Group
- 8:30 p.m. – VP3 – Year 1
COFFEE FOR SALE IN THE OFFICE DURING THE WEEK
The Cafe has an exciting opportunity for the holiday season! They are selling individual bags of ground and whole bean coffee in 1 lb. bags. You can pick from Regular, Decaf, and Hazelnut. The Hazelnut only comes in ground coffee. Each bag costs $12 and proceeds will go to help pay for coffee and supplies in the Café and Ethiopia Reads. If you haven't had a chance to purchase any on Sunday mornings or Wednesday nights, you can also now stop in the office during the week to pick some up as well.