MONDAY'S HERE Thank you, Ben Vos, for sharing God's Word yesterday! Idealistic Hope, Shattered Hope, and True Hope. In case you missed the service, click HERE to see the whole thing.
THEN JUST FEED ONE
Over 100 people turned out last night to package just under 28,000 meals for Honduras. We learned last night that Honduras is second only to Haiti in poverty for the Western Hemisphere. And, while 100 people packaged, all of us participated through the gifts we make in the offering each week. This event is part of our annual benevolent budget. Look at the slide show in this post and you'll see some other blessings - old and young side by side, new attender and long-time members, plus a number of volunteers from The Bridge. Thanks be to God!
THIS WEEK WEDNESDAY AT TRINITY
- 5:30 p.m. – Wednesday Night Meal
- Menu: Build your own hot dog bar, salad, chips, and apple cobbler. All are welcome, there is a $2.00 per person suggested donation.
- 6:30 p.m. – Rainbow Club
- 6:30 p.m. – Leadership Summit Series
- Join us on Wednesday night meal nights from 6:30-7:30 p.m. to explore leadership teaching from “The Best Talks of the Willow Creek Leadership Summit” over the past 20 years. This weeks topic is: A Leader's Greatest Fear. Speaker: Jon Ortberg. We will spend time listening to a DVD and time in personal interaction. Meeting in Adult Rooms 3&4.
- 6:30 p.m. – Amistad Bible Study
- 6:30 p.m. – Ignite Middle School Youth Group
- 8:00 p.m. – Collide High School Youth Group
- 8:30 p.m. – VP3 – Year 1
Come out for a fun night of Heartland Strategy on Saturday, December 6 at 6:30 p.m. Everyone is welcome. Please bring a snack to share, drinks will be provided.
SUNDAY, DECEMBER 7 ~ CONGREGATIONAL GATHERING
This week Sunday is our annual congregational gathering and we’re trying something a little different this year. Trinity members will vote on the budget and elders and deacons in the same way that we voted in Christ Chapel about the facility. Members will pick up a ballot in the lobby, bring it with them to worship, complete it, and place it in the offering. We will have a soup & pie supper and celebration at 5:00 p.m. In our evening together we’ll celebrate God’s grace among us, hear the results of our ballots, and hear where we’re headed in 2015. Everyone (members and people not yet members) is welcome to attend.
For proposed budget information, see the November newsletter online, click HERE.
To see a sample 2015 Consistory Ballot, click HERE.