But first ~ don't forget about some events taking place on this Saturday, Nov. 22. FOOD PANTRY DISTRIBUTION
On Saturday, November 22, we will be participating in the food pantry distribution at American Reformed Church, starting at 8:30 a.m. All are welcome to help with the distribution. Please contact John Dykstra at: email@example.com if you have any questions.
CHRISTMAS TREE DECORATING
On Saturday, November 22, starting at 9:00 a.m. we will be decorating the Christmas trees. Volunteers are needed to help fluff and light the trees. All are welcome to help! Please contact Joan Brower at 712-707-9535 with any questions.
THANK YOU FROM THE DEACONS
THANKS BE TO GOD for the beautiful response at the deacon pancake supper! The deacons thank your for the $14,083 that was donated to help families in need.
On Sunday, we will conclude our “re:order” series with the grand and glorious theme of redemption. As we look at our lives and the brokenness and hurt we experience it does not stretch us too far to realize that something in us needs re-ordering at the deepest level. We will gather with Paul in Ephesians 1 as he cannot help but praise God for the redeeming work of Jesus on the cross.
As we enter the week of Thanksgiving as a nation, will we be a people who not only recount the material and tangible blessings we have been given this year, but also the great spiritual blessings we have been given by God through the work of Christ? There will be an invitation to do so with great celebration.
Our November Mission of the Month is “Hunger”
- Nov. 22 - Food Pantry Distribution
- Nov. 26 - Community Thanksgiving meal at Living Water
- Nov. 30 - “Then Just Feed One” Food Packaging Event
Our Sunday Morning services start at 8:45 a.m. and 11:00 a.m.
Children and Youth Sunday School will meet between services, 10:00-10:50 a.m.
Children and Worship Children ages 5 through 1st grade will be dismissed during the service and can be picked up after church in the Kid’s Area.
Our Adult Sunday School Opportunities this week are:
- Questions of Life (Fellowship Hall)
- Come out for an opportunity to explore important and challenging questions we have in life. This week Laird Edman will continue the topic of: “How should we handle the topic of homosexuality?” Come and discuss, debate, and explore Scripture regarding this crucial topic of faith.
- Fabric of Faithfulness Study (Adult Rooms 3&4)
- A book study for college students to help learn how to connect what they believe about the world and how they live in the world. Facilitated by John Fernstrum.
- Sunday School Guide (Adult Room 1)
Going to be gone? You can worship with us live on our Webcast – click HERE
You can also view past services in their entirety – click HERE
WOMEN’S MINISTRY COOKIE EXCHANGE & CRAFT NIGHT
Mark your calendars for Monday, December 8, at 6:30pm, for an evening of Christmas crafting and a cookie exchange! Choose to paint a canvas of a whimsical tree ($20) or knit an arm scarf ($10). You are also welcome to just come enjoy fellowship and goodies! Bring a plate of cookies to share and take a plate home when you leave. In order to purchase supplies, the craft sign-up deadline is this Sunday, Nov. 23. You can also sign-up if you’d like childcare. You can sign-up at the Welcome Center on Sunday, or sign-up online, click HERE. If you have any questions about the event, you can email the Women’s Ministry at: firstname.lastname@example.org
A LOOK AHEAD TO THANKSGIVING WEEK
- THANKSGIVING EVE SERVICE
- Join us at 6:30p.m. Thanksgiving Eve for worship at Trinity, with Living Water Community Church. We will also be collecting non-perishable food items to help replenish the Food Pantry after its holiday distribution this weekend.
- TURKEY TROT 5K WALK/RUN
- Join us Thanksgiving morning at 7:30 a.m. (rain, snow, or shine) The race begins and ends in the Trinity parking lot and all proceeds will support The Bridge Transitional Housing Ministry. For more information and to register online, click HERE.
- THANKSGIVING COMMUNITY MEAL
- Turkey and all the trimmings will be served at Living Water Community Church from 11:30am-1:00pm Thanksgiving Day. The meal is at no cost, and everyone is invited. Come and serve, come share this meal with your family, friends and neighbors. Needed: turkey bakers (see sheet with baking instructions located at the Welcome Center on Sunday) and monetary donations. We trust God to work through our community families and individuals, churches, and businesses to make this meal a reality. There will be a sign-up at the Welcome Center on Sunday. Organizers: Ronda Noteboom 712-548-3755 and Sandie Van’t Hof 712-230-0537.