AND THE WINNER IS... Thank you to everyone who participated and came out to enjoy our 1st Ever Chili Cook-Off! People ate, judges judged, and a winner was crowned - SUNNY MOSS!!! Even Pastor Jon had to admit, Sunny's was much better than his. What a great night!
On Sunday we come to creation. I think we "get it" for how Jesus' death and resurrection reconciles us to God and makes it possible for us to be reconciled to each other (difficult as that sometimes is). But when it comes to caring for creation, we often miss that connection.
How does Christ's redeeming work on the cross lead us to be reconciled with creation? Does God even care about creation in a fallen world? Many of us followers of Jesus have a creation problem. We generally want to care about creation, but we don't have a very good understanding of God's love for his world. We sing "This Is My Father's World." If it is his world, then let's get on with tending to it. That's where the message is headed Sunday.
Also, we have the joy of welcoming mission partner Betty Van Engen. Betty is in town for three weeks and will update us on her work in Quito, Ecuador.
November is also exploding with many opportunities to serve and share, so be sure to watch and listen for many sign-up opportunities on Sunday.
Our November Mission of the Month is "Hunger"
- Nov. 22 - Food Pantry Distribution
- Nov. 26 - Community Thanksgiving meal at Living Water
- Nov. 30 - "Then Just Feed One" Food Packaging Event
Our Sunday Morning services start at 8:45 a.m. and 11:00 a.m.
Children and Youth Sunday School will meet between services, 10:00-10:50 a.m.
Children and Worship Children ages 5 through 1st grade will be dismissed during the service and can be picked up after church in the Kid’s Area.
Our Adult Sunday School Opportunities this week are:
- Questions of Life (Fellowship Hall)
- Come out for an opportunity to explore important and challenging questions we have in life. This week Laird Edman will facilitate the topic of: “How should we handle the topic of homosexuality?” Come and discuss, debate, and explore Scripture regarding this crucial topic of faith.
- Fabric of Faithfulness Study (Adult Rooms 3&4)
- A book study for college students to help learn how to connect what they believe about the world and how they live in the world. Facilitated by John Fernstrum.
- Sunday School Guide (Adult Room 1)
Going to be gone? You can worship with us live on our Webcast – click HERE
You can also view past services in their entirety – click HERE
A number of small groups meet Sunday night. Some use questions based on the morning message. Click HERE for this week’s guide.
Our elders and deacons met on November 3. You can read our monthly “Gleanings” report online, click HERE, or pick up a hard copy at the Welcome Center.
UCI CHRISTMAS PROJECT
TURKEY TROT REGISTRATION
It’s time to register for our 2nd ever Thanksgiving Day Turkey Trot 5K run/walk! It begins and ends in our church parking lot. Click HERE for registration information. All proceeds support The Bridge.