MONDAY'S HERE Hi Friends, may God richly bless your week with awareness of his Glory, Goodness, and Grace.
Yesterday's worship was an absolute blast, including Jon and Andy's attempt to be funny. You can see the whole thing by clicking HERE.
And, more importantly, here are two questions from Matthew 7:1-12 to think about:
- What "specks" in others' eyes do you tend to focus on?
- Who can help you see the "log" in your own eyes?
THIS WEEK WEDNESDAY AT TRINITY:
- 10:30 a.m. - Bi-Lingual Knitting group
- All are invited to join the Bi-Lingual Knitting group this week as they will be featuring the Paulo Padilha and Group, which is a world-class ensemble from Brazil who will be sharing a taste of South America through the performance of a few of their songs.
- 5:30 p.m. - Wednesday Night Meal
- Menu: Pancakes, sausage, and fruit. All are welcome, there is a $2.00 per person suggested donation.
- 6:30 p.m. - Rainbow Club
- 6:30 p.m. - Leadership Summit Series
- Join us on Wednesday night meal nights from 6:30-7:30 p.m. to explore leadership teaching from "The Best Talks of the Willow Creek Leadership Summit" over the past 20 years. This weeks topic is: The Character Matrix . Erwin Mc Manus will challenge us as to what it takes to have integrity in our lives. We will spend time listening to a DVD and time in personal interaction. Meeting in Adult Rooms 3&4.
- 6:30 p.m. - Amistad Bible Study
- 6:30 p.m. - Ignite Middle School Youth Group
- 8:00 p.m. - Collide High School Youth Group
Congratulations to Steven and Rebecca Bogaard on the birth of their daughter, Jacinth Carryn, on Saturday, October 4.
UCI CHRISTMAS PROJECT
This year for our Christmas project we are collecting Christmas presents for Haitian children through the UCI Ministry. This is similar to Operation Christmas child, except we will be filling a one gallon sized plastic bag with gift items. We are asking you to fill the bag with items for the child along with $4.00 to help cover shipping. This week we handed out all of our first fifty children, and started a list for those wanting to still participate, and will be getting some more children's profiles in soon. If you'd like to sign up, and didn't get a chance to, please contact the church office at 737-4542 or email@example.com, and we will be sure get your name on the list, and a profile packet to you soon. If you want to just give a monetary donation to cover shipping, you can put it an envelope labeled “Haiti Shipping” and give it to Kristin Brouwer. We will be collecting the bags through the month of October, and they can be placed in the plastic tub outside of Kristin’s office.
LYNN COWELL MOTHER / DAUGHTER CONFERENCE
We have an amazing opportunity coming up for girls ages 7th-12th grade and their moms. Trinity will be hosting a conference with a special speaker from Proverbs 31 ministries, Lynn Cowell on November 7th and 8th. This is also open to mentors of teens or moms with girls who aren’t teens yet, and it will be focusing on issues of faith, relationships, and self-esteem for those teenage girls. Click HERE for more information and registration.
In addition to the needs in the bulletin, please add Vickie Riphagen. Vickie was taken to Mercy Hospital on Sunday afternoon for observation and tests following some seizures.