Having to travel to Sioux Falls on Tuesday, Ann and I witnessed first-hand some of the devastation - circumnavigating south in the morning through Akron and then coming home from the north on Hwy 75. Flooded fields and farms and houses.
Our thoughts and prayers are with the people affected and for the civic and church leaders in each town who are on the front lines of helping people.
So, how can we help them in addition to prayers?
One place is to check out this link to the RCA/CRC joint response. CLICK HERE for that information. You'll get information on what phone number to call to volunteer as well as a place to make a gift to help with the relief. As a church, we already support the work of World Renew Disaster Relief, but any additional gifts are always welcome.
This week's "work and worship" journey takes to how the fall impacts our work. What does it mean for us that we work in a fallen world? Pastor Bob leads us in a study of Genesis 3.
And, we'll commission Brandon Miller this week - as one who works with his hands to build, restore, and make beautiful.
Summer Worship Schedule
- We have one service starting at 10:00 a.m.
- We have Summer Sunday School for children ages 5 – entering Grade 2. They will be dismissed during the worship service and you can pick them back up at 11:15 a.m.
- For Adult Opportunities, the Sunday School Guide class is meeting at 9:00 a.m. The Work and Worship Class also meets at 9:00 a.m. and will further explore this topic as class members flesh out what “Work and Worship” means in our daily lives.
- Gone? You can worship with us live at our Webcast -
Rocky Mountain High Meeting
This Sunday, June 22nd, is the first Rocky Mountain High team meeting at 8:30 a.m. in the Youth Room. All students and adults attending this trip please plan on being at this important meeting. The following two meetings will be on June 29 and July 13th.
Block Party Extravaganza!
- Take some time on Saturday, June 28th to connect with the people in your neighborhood.
- Hosts are needed to coordinate the details for this day and invite folks to the event. Please consider being this person in your neighborhood. Be sure to stop by the Block Party table before or after church this Sunday to see if and where there is a Block Party in your neighborhood, and to sign-up to be a host if there’s not.
- There will also be another short informational meeting with Pastor Bob at 11:00 on Sunday, in Adult Room 1, if you’d like to find out more about this opportunity.
- Please contact Pastor Bob if you have any questions.
Fran Koets is need of a few men to help clean out the eaves and troughs at the Missionary Home, either this weekend or early next week if possible. She would also like some volunteers to help with some gardening work at the Pioneer Home next week. If you are able and interested in volunteering, please contact Fran at 737-4378.
"We're built with all these gifts, and if we don't put them for use for other people, we're not really experiencing the fullness of who we are made to be." ~ Katherin Leary Alsdorf